- (1 lb) Baby Bella Mushrooms
- (2 Tbsp) Butter - lb
- (1 Tbsp finely minced) Onion
- (2 med cloves, minced) Garlic
- (1/4 cup breadcrumbs) Sourdough SMALL Heritage Einkorn Bread
- (4 oz, softened) Cream Cheese
- (2 Tbsp, freshly grated) Romano cheese
- (2 tsp) Dried parsley
- (1 tsp) Dried Thyme
- (1/2 tsp) Sea Salt
- (1/4 tsp freshly ground) Black Pepper
Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
Coat bottom of baking dish with a thin coat of butter.
Wipe down mushrooms with a damp cloth to clean.
Remove stems and roughly chop.
Heat saute pan and melt butter. Add mushroom stems and onion. Saute for a few minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute or two.
Add cream cheese, romano cheese, parsley, thyme, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
Remove from heat and combine well.
Spoon mixture into mushroom caps.
Arrange in baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
Grate some additional romano cheese on top and serve.