- (1 lb, grated) Zucchini, small
- (1/4 cup, grated) Onions
- (1 Tbsp, chopped) Basil, fresh
- (2 tsp, chopped) Lemon zest
- (1 tsp) Salt
- (1/2 tsp, freshly ground) Black Pepper
- (1/2 cup) Sprouted Whole Wheat Flour
- (1 tsp) Baking Powder
- (2 large, beaten) Soy-Free Eggs
- (1/2 cup) Green Pastures Virgin Coconut Oil - 26 oz
- (5 oz, very thinly sliced) Goat cheese
- (1 cup) Marinara sauce
- (1/4 cup, grated) Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 200° F.
In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, onions, basil, zest, garlic, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl.
Combine the flour and baking powder.
Add the eggs and flour mixture to the vegetables and stir just until combined.
Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. When hot, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
Add the batter by tablespoons into the skillet (making sure to spoon both batter and vegetables), leaving 1-inch between the cakes. Immediately drop a round of cheese into the center of each pancake.
Top with another tablespoon of batter to enclose the cheese.
Cook until golden brown on the bottom side, about 1½ minutes.
Flip with a spatula and cook on the 2nd side until golden brown, about 1 minute. Remove from the pan and place on a baking sheet.
Keep warm in the oven while preparing the remaining pancakes.
Arrange the pancakes on a platter, drizzle with the marinara sauce, and serve immediately.